This is an easy porridge to cook in the mornings. Just electric blend bananas with water and then boil for 10 minutes.
Green banana is a good source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals, and contains resistant starch that may help control blood sugar, manage weight, lower blood cholesterol levels. and allow probiotic bacteria to flourish in the intestines.
- 1 kilogram Green Bananas
- 3 cups Water
- ¼ teaspoon grated Nutmeg
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- pinch of Salt
- 1 tin of Sweetened Milk
- Peel skin off green bananas. Cut into small 1 inch pieces and put into an electric blender. Then add 2 cups of water until the water level is leveled with bananas. Blend green bananas until smooth texture with no lumps.
- Pour the blended bananas into a large pan. Add ¼tsp grated nutmeg, 1 cinnamon stick, 1 tsp vanilla extract and a pinch of salt. Boil on a high heat, stirring constantly until boil point. Continuous stirring until boiling point will prevent lumpy porridge.
- If porridge is too thick keep adding a small amount of water until the thickness of porridge is required. Stir continuously until boiled. Then reduce heat to low. Cover pan with a lid. Allow simmering for 10 – 20 minutes.
- Serve with sweetened condensed milk or milk and sugar.