- Chapatti Flour (cup / 200g will make 8 chapattis depending on size)
- Cold Water 150ml
- Butter 5 oz
- Tea Towel
- Small frying pan or Tava
- Double spatula (steel/metal to turn chapatti with)
- Put chapatti flour into a large bowl. Add a small amount of cold water at a time until it forms into a soft dough. Knead the dough, folding in, to add air.
- Then leave the dough to rest for about 10 minutes.
- Prepare a work surface and sprinkle with chapatti flour.
- Divide the dough into small balls, a size of a small plum. With a rolling pin, roll each dough into a flat disc, sprinkling with dry chapatti flour while rolling to avoid sticking.
- Heat a tava or frying pan.
- Put the rolled dough on the preheated pan and bake both sides till golden spots appear.
- Roti’s will puff if kept directly on the flame for 3 – 4 seconds or on the pan by pressing gently with a cloth.
- Roti is ready
- Paste oil or butter or ghee as desired and serve with curry.