Dough for Base Ingredients
- Warm Water (200ml or ¾ cup) or (½ cold water & ¼ boiling water)
- Granulated Sugar (2 tablespoons)
- Active Dried Yeast (1 teaspoon)
- Salt (1 teaspoon)
- Olive Oil (1 tablespoon)
- Plain Flour (400g or 2 cups)
- Additional Olive Oil for greasing.
- Activate yeast in a large bowl: First, add 2 tbsps Sugar, ¾ cup warm water. Stir to dissolve sugar. Sprinkle Dried Yeast on top. Mix gently to dissolve yeast. Leave to rest for 10-15 minutes until the surface of mixture become foamy.
- Once yeast mixture is foamy, add 1 tspn Salt, 1 tbsp Olive Oil. Mix gently to dissolve salt.
- Slowly add 2 cups Flour. Use a kitchen knife with round end to gently blend flour and yeast mixture together, until flour sticks together.
- Tip out dough onto a lightly flour dusted worktop. Knead and stretch dough firmly for 10 minutes, until dough mixture becomes smooth and elastic.
- Transfer dough into a flour dusted bowl. Cover with a tea-towel or clingfilm. Leave pizza dough to ferment and rise for at least 2 hours in a warm dark place, away from drafts, until dough doubles in size.
- Prepare a thick base frying pan or dutch pot, by oiling the base with olive oil.
- Take one portion of pizza dough. Stretch and tuck dough to underside, to form a ball, so it can be flattened easily into a round disc. Place on a work top. Press on dough to flatten. Spread and stretch out evenly into a disc to fit pan. Place flattened dough in pan. Give the dough several pricks with a fork. This will prevent the dough from puffing when cooking. Allow resting for another 20 minutes.
Tomato Sauce Ingredients
- 1-2 large Tomato
- 1 clove Garlic
- ¼ cup of Parsley Leaves
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- Cut a cross on top skin of the tomato. Place tomato in boiling water for 20 seconds. Take out tomato and place in cold water to cool. Then take out and peel off the skin.
- Put tomato in an electric blender with garlic clove, and blend until smooth. Add parsley leaves to the purée and blend for a couple of seconds.
- Pour tomato purée into a pan to boil. Add paprika powder, a pinch of salt and a pinch of black pepper.
- Boil tomato purée to a thick paste.
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese(grated)
- Chopped Onions
- Chopped Green Bell Peppers
- Chopped Sun-Dried Tomato
- Corn Kernels
- Making Pizza: Cook only one side of the pastry for 5-6 minutes on a low to medium heat. The pastry is cooked when having brown spots underneath, then turn off heat, and turn over the pastry base.
- On cooked side of pastry base, use a spoon to paste tomato sauce all over the pastry top.
- Add toppings: Can use any vegetables for topping. Chopped onions, chopped bell peppers, corn kernels and chopped sun-dried tomato etc. Sprinkle grated cheese on top until top is completely covered. Cover pot with lid. Cook for another 5-6 minutes on a low heat. When the cheese has melted, the pizza is ready to be served.
Vegetable pizza. No yeast. No oven. Eggless base.