- 1 cup / 160g Plain Strong Flour
- Fast Action Dried Yeast (1 teaspoon)
- Butter (2 teaspoons)
- Sugar (½ teaspoon)
- Salt (½ teaspoon)
- Cold Milk 65ml
- Boiling Water 35ml
- Bag of Salt for base / 2 cups of Sea Sand
- In a large bowl, add butter, salt and 1 cup of flour. Rub the butter into the flour, squeezing the mixture together, until the butter is completely rubbed in.
- Activate Yeast: In a jug, add sugar, 65ml cold milk and 35ml boiling water. Add one teaspoon of instant Yeast, then activate for 10-15 minutes.
- Make Dough: Make a well in the center of flour mixture, and add small amounts of yeast mix at a time. Use a round ended kitchen knife to blend flour mixture until flour sticks together and forms a soft dough. Place dough on a work surface and knead dough for 15 minutes, stretching and kneading.
- Place dough in bowl and cover with a damp cloth or clingfilm. Allow to rise for 5 hours in a warm place.
- Make bread buns and place in metal container, small enough to fit in pressure cooker. Allow to rise for another 1 hour.
- Prepare Pressure Cooker: Empty a bag of salt into base of pressure cooker pot, to cover the base. This will prevent base from burning when hot. Place a metal rim on top of salt base for the bread dish to sit on. Heat the salt for 10 minutes on a high flame.
- Brush top of bread buns with milk. Place bread buns in the pressure cooker. Sit dish on top of metal rim. Close pressure cooker with lid and its whistle. Cook on a medium flame for 15 – 20 minutes.
- When cooked, shine top of bread buns with butter.