Ingredients – measure with small/large cup for quantity required.
- ½ cup Basmati Rice (washed and soaked)
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 7 cups Full Cream Milk
- ¼ cup Sugar
- pinch of Salt
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Black Cardamom
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup Raisins
- ¼ cup Pistachios (sliced)
- ¼ cup Almonds (sliced)
- ¼ cup Cashews (sliced)
- Wash and soak rice in water for 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a separate pan, melt butter, so the milk don’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add milk to boil, including cinnamon stick, sugar, vanilla extract, black cardamom and a pinch of salt.
- Once milk is boiled, turn off heat.
- Add the rice and cook on a very low heat. Stir rice once in a while to prevent rice sticking to the bottom of the pan. Cook until rice is tender. Takes approximately 25 minutes.
- Add raisins and cook for another 5 – 8 minutes.
- Serve and decorate with mixed nuts.
NB: Dispose of black cardamom and cinnamon stick before serving.