- 3 inch square Fresh Ginger
- 1 fresh Lemon
- 7 Mint Leaves
- 1 cup Water
- 1½ cups Sugar
- Wash lemon of any impurities attached to it. Grater the lemon rind for 1 teaspoon of rind. Then cut lemon in half and squeeze juice into a medium size pan. Also add the lemon rind, lemon halves, and 7 mint leaves.
- Peel the skin of the ginger with a knife. Then cut the ginger into small pieces. Put into blender with 1 cup of water. Blend ginger until smooth and then add to pan. Put pan on stove to boil. Once boiled, turn heat to low then allow to simmer for 7 minutes.
- Then add 1½ cups of sugar to the boiled mixture. While simmering, keep stirring until sugar dissolves to prevent the sugar burning at the bottom of the pan. Once the sugar has dissolved allow to simmer for another 2 minutes then take off heat.
- Strain the juice through a metal sieve into a heat resistant jug. Throw away the trash collected in the sieve. Allow juice to cool.
- Dilute Ginger Beer with water to serve, 1 part juice and 7 parts water.