- Vegetable Oil 4 tablespoons
- Carrots (large) x 2 peeled and sliced
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1 Green/Red Pepper finely chopped
- Garlic finely chopped x 2 cloves
- Ginger finely chopped
- 1 cup of water
- Cornflour 1/2 teaspoon mixed with a little water
- optional chopped Green Chilli, Green Peas, Sultanas
- Curry powder 1 teaspoon
- Colemans Yellow Mustard 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric 1/4 teaspoon
- Black Pepper 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Sugar 1/4 teaspoon
- Add vegetable oil in a pan. Fry garlic and ginger on medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Add chopped onions. Fry until onions are translucent for approximately 3 minutes.
- Add chopped carrots, green peppers, peas, to the frying pan. Sauté for 4 minutes.
- Add Tumeric, Curry Powder, salt and pepper. Mix together for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of water, sugar, sultanas, mustard and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add corn flour mix to pan and simmer until cooked for another 3 minutes.
NB: Can have with mash potatoes or rice.