This is a tasty recipe to enjoy. Coconut milk gives it the Curry Korma taste. Can use any vegetable such as marrow, pumpkin, brussel sprouts to replace carrots or can add to the carrots.
- Sunflower Oil 4 tablespoons
- Carrots (large) x 2 peeled and sliced
- ½ cup Green Peas
- 1 medium Onion finely chopped
- 1 medium Green/Red Pepper finely chopped
- Garlic finely chopped x 2 cloves
- Ginger finely chopped (½ inch)
- Curry powder 1 teaspoon
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- ¼ cup Coconut Milk
- Colemans Yellow Mustard 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric ¼ teaspoon
- Thyme Leaves 1 teaspoon
- Black Pepper ¼ teaspoon
- Sugar ½ teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup Water
- Cornflour 1 tablespoon mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- optional 1 chopped Green Chilli, ¼ cup Sultanas
- In a pan add cooking oil. Fry garlic, ginger and thyme on medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Add chopped onions. Fry until onions are translucent for approximately 3 minutes.
- Add chopped carrots, chopped green peppers, peas to the frying pan. Sauté for 4 minutes.
- Add Tumeric, Curry Powder, salt, and pepper. Mix together. Cook for another 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add ½ cup of water, coconut milk, tomato paste, sugar, sultanas, mustard and simmer for 5 minutes.
- To thicken gravy, in a cup mix 1 tbsp cornflour with 2 tbsp water. Mix together into a smooth paste. Then pour into the pan, mixing while pouring in to prevent lumps. Cook for another 3 minutes.
NB: Can have with mash potatoes or rice.