Smooth, creamy, hearty and warming. This pumpkin porridge is a quick and easy to make ahead for your morning breakfast. Vegan and gluten-free.
If the pumpkin porridge is too thin, can thicken with ¼ cup of cornmeal, rice flour, or semolina. Mix with a ¼ cup of water before mixing with pumpkin porridge.
- 1 small Pumpkin (peel and de-seed)
- cup of Water
- ½ teaspoon grated Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- pinch of Salt
- Sugar to taste
- Milk to taste
- Peel and de-seed pumpkin. Cut into small bits.
- Blend pumpkin with water in an electric blender.
- Pour contents into a large cooking pot. Add ½ teaspoon grated nutmeg, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt.
- Turn heat to high, and keep on stirring until boiling to prevent lumps forming, then reduce heat to low flame and allow to cook for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Then porridge is ready to eat. Can eat with 1 – 2 tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk or just add sugar and milk.