This is a simple recipe. Dumplings boiled in water. Can eat with any food cooked in gravy or cook dumplings in soups.
- 2 Green Plantains
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Water
- In a large pan, fill half with water, then put on the heat to boil.
- Peel green plantains. Scrape skin with a knife of any attached skin.
- In a large bowl, grate the green plantain on the finest part of the grater.
- Sieve in 2 cups of flour and salt.
- Start mixing the flour and grated plantain together, adding a little water at a time, approximately 1 tablespoon, until the mixture forms into a firm dough. Knead the dough for 2 minutes.
- Then take off a small piece of the dough, the size of a ping-pong ball, and knead the dough with both of your hands for 1 minute then roll into a ball and flatten with both hand and put straight into the boiling water while it is bubbling. Carry on kneading a piece of the dough until all the dumplings are made and in the pan boiling. Add salt to the boiling water. Then cook for 30 minutes to acquire firm dumplings.
- When ready to serve, drain the water and serve with food with gravy.