- 4 cups Water
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ teaspoon Grated Nutmeg
- 1 cup Cornmeal mixed with 1 cup of water
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1½ Milk
- Boil 4 cups of water in a large pan.
- Mix 1 cup cornmeal, ½ cup sugar, grated nutmeg, and 1 tsp vanilla extract with 1 cup of water in a bowl. |Mix together. Then add to the boiling water. Keep stirring until porridge is boiling. Then allow to simmer on a low heat, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
- While cornmeal is cooking, boil 1½ milk in a saucepan. Once boiled, turn heat to low and allow to simmer while porridge is cooking. This will make the milk more concentrated so won’t have to use tin milk. Once porridge is cooked, for about 15 minutes to 30 minutes, add the boiled milk and stir together.