- 300ml / ½ pint Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 20g Castor Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- 115g Plain Flour
- 55g Melted Butter
- Sunflower Oil for frying
- Make the batter the easy way, in an electric blender. Pour in the ½ pint of milk, 2 eggs, 20g sugar and a pinch of salt. Whisk for a few seconds in the electric blender. Then add flour to the mixture. Blend together until smooth.
- Pour blended mixture into a jug or bowl.
- Just before cooking the pancakes, stir in 55g of melted butter.
- Heat a frying pan and add just enough sunflower oil to cover the surface, then quickly wipe off the surplus oil with kitchen paper. When the pan is smoking hot, pour in about half a ladle of batter and immediately tip the pan to and fro so the batter thinly covers the whole surface. After a few seconds, when the uppermost surface of the pancake looks dry, turn it over, gently easing a palette knife under it.
- When cooked place on a plate. Squeeze lemon juice over the pancake and sprinkle it with sugar, before rolling it up or folding it into quarters.
Variations: Spread the pancake with maple syrup, jam or chocolate spread.