Vegetable Chow Mein (noodles)
- Spaghetti (boiled and drained)
- Cooking oil (4 tablespoons)
- Ginger finely (1 inch chopped)
- 1 Medium Onion (chopped)
- Carrot (x 1 grated)
- Corn Kernels (1 small cup)
- Green Peas (1 small cup)
- Green Beans (1 small cup)
- Mushrooms (1 small cup)
- 1 Green Pepper (chopped small)
- 1 Spring Onion (chopped)
- Vinegar (1 tablespoon)
- Sweet Chilli Sauce (2 tablespoon) OR (In a cup mix together, Sugar ½ teaspoon, Lemon 1 teaspoon, Red Chilli Powder ¼ teaspoon, Cornflour 1 teaspoon, Water 3 tablespoons).
- Soya Sauce 2 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Boil spaghetti in a pot of boiling water. Add salt and 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil. Boil for 15 to 20 until cooked. Drain water and keep aside.
- In a separate pan, add 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil. On a medium heat fry onions and chopped ginger, until onions are transparent for approximately 3 minutes.
- Add chopped green peppers, chopped green beans, green frozen peas, corn kernels, chopped spring onions and grated carrots. Mix together with sauté onions. Cook for 5 minutes on a low heat until cooked.
- Make a well in the middle of the frying pan and add 1 tablespoon of sweet chilli sauce or the alternative mixture. Wait until it bubbles meaning it is hot, then stir in with the vegetables.
- Add a small amount of vinegar to the vegetables.
- Add salt and black pepper to the vegetable mix. Remember there is salt in the soya sauce so not too much salt. Stir for 2 minutes.
- Add cooked spaghetti to vegetables mixture. Do not stir until add 1-2 tablespoons of soya sauce to the speghhetti. Stir the speghetti with the soya sauce on top, until speghetti is covered with soya sauce. Then mix vegetables and speghetti together for 2 minutes.
- Chow Mein is ready to be served.