Perfect for dipping spring rolls, and dumplings.
- Water 1 cup
- Sugar ½ cup
- Garlic 1 clove finely chopped
- Red Chilli Powder ½ teaspoon
- Lemon or Lime or Vinegar ¼ cup
- Cornflour 1 tablespoon
- In a pan, add water, lemon, garlic, and red chili powder. Boil to boiling point, then reduce heat to medium flame. Add sugar, continuously stirring until sugar has dissolved. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Mix 1 tbsp cornflour with 1 tbsp cold water in a small cup, then stir in with the sauce and boil for another 2 minutes. This is to thicken the sauce.
- Store in a bottled container.
On a bottle of sweet chilli sauce: sugar syrup, water, chilli mash, chillies, water, salt, acid, acetic acid, sugar, slat, lime juice concentrate, garlic stabiliser, xanthan gum, colour; paprika extract, spirit vinegar, preservative; potassium sorbate, acid, citric acid.