- Fresh Ginger (peel and diced)
- Juice of 1 Fresh Lemon
- Natural Sweeteners eg. 2-3 tablespoons Rapadura (Powder sugar cane) or 2-3 tablespoons Real Honey or 2-3 Maple Syrup
- ¼ to 1 cup of Homemade Liquid Whey
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt or 1 teaspoon Himalayan Pink Salt
- Water (Use unchlorinated water eg still bottled water, or filtered water or rainwater. Do not use tap water because it contains chlorine)
- Make homemade liquid whey. Drain the whey from yoghurt overnight.
- Peel Ginger and dice into chunks.
- In a sealed container, add ginger, salt, homemade whey, and a natural sweetener. Then fill just below top with water to allow gas to escape. Seal with lid. Shake liquid to mix together.
- Leave container on side counter for 2-3 days, occasionally shaking each day.
- On the 3rd day, partially open lid, to release gas then close the lid. Then store in the refrigerator. Can keep for up to 3 months.
- To drink, strain the ginger ale, because of the ginger pieces. This drink will get fizzy.