A great, everyday Chocolate Cake that you’ll make over and over again.
- Plain Flour (180g or 2 cups)
- Granulated or Castor Sugar (180g or 2 cups)
- Cadbury’s Drinking Chocolate powder (80g or 1 cup)
- Baking Powder (1½ teaspoons)
- Bicarbonate of Soda ( 1½ teaspoons)
- Salt ½ teaspoon
- Eggs x 2
- Milk (180mls or 1 cup)
- Sunflower Seed Oil (90mls or ½ cup)
- Vanilla Extract (2 teaspoons)
- Hot Boiling Water (180g or 1 cup)
- Preheat Oven 180º C / 350ºF / gas mark 4.
- Grease inside cake tin.
- In a bowl, add granulated sugar, plain flour, chocolate powder, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, and salt. Mix dry ingredients together.
- Add 2 eggs, 1 cup milk, sunflower seed oil, vanilla extract in with dry ingredients. Mix with an electric mixer for 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Slowly add 1 cup of boiling water while mixing the batter. Mix for 2 minutes. The batter will look thin at first for a while and will gradually thicken.
- Pour into baking pan.
- Bake for 45 – 60 minutes until baked. Test with a knife. When the knife pulls out clean cake is ready.