- Granulated or Castor Sugar (180g or (2 cups))
- Plain Flour (180g or (2 cups))
- Cadbury’s Drinking Chocolate powder (60g to 80g or (³/4 to 1 cup))
- Baking Powder (1½ teaspoons)
- Baking Soda ( 1½ teaspoons)
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Eggs x 2
- Milk (180mls or (1 cup))
- Cold Press Organic Sunflower Seed Oil (90mls or (½ cup)) or 60g Butter (melt the butter before mixing into batter)
- Vanilla Essence (2 teaspoons)
- Hot Boiling Water (180g or (1 cup))
- Preheat Oven 180º C/350ºF/GAS 4
- Grease inside cake tin.
- In a bowl, add granulated sugar, plain flour, chocolate powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and mix dry ingredients together.
- Add 2 eggs, milk, vegetable oil, vanilla essence in with dry ingredients. Mix with an electric mixer for 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Slowly add 1 cup of boiling water while mixing the batter. Mix for 2 minutes. The batter will look thin at first for a while and will gradually thicken.
- Pour into baking pan.
- Bake for 45 – 60 minutes until baked. Test with a knife. When the knife pulls out clean cake is ready.