Three coconuts will produce approximately 250ml of coconut oil. Use it in recipes and baking cakes, for skin and hair, in natural remedies and homemade beauty products.
- 3 Coconuts
- 4 cups Water
- Smash open the coconuts with a hammer.
- Detach the inside of the coconut with a knife.
- Scrape off the brown skin with a grater.
- Chop coconuts into small pieces and then place in an electric blender. Add 2 cups of water. Then blend until coconut is shredded into a smooth paste. Repeat again to use all the coconut pieces.
- Pour blended coconut into a large pan. Bring to a boil. Boil for 60 minutes.
- Strain coconut – Use a tea-towel on top of a strainer into another pan. Squeeze the coconut until fluid is completely drained.
- Leave coconut overnight. The coconut oil will solidify on top of coconut water. Then take off the layer of coconut oil.
- In another pan, melt the coconut oil over a low heat. Evaporate any moisture left in the coconut oil. Be careful not to burn.
- Then store the coconut oil in a heat-resistant container. Allow cooling before use.