- Cooking Oil for frying dumplings
- 2 cups Cooked White Rice
- 1 cup of Vegetables consisting of: 1 small Potatoe (peeled and cut in small pieces); 1 small Carrot; 1 small Bell Pepper; and ½ cup Long Green Beans
- 2 teaspoons Ginger Paste
- 1 clove garlic (chopped finely)
- 2 tablespoons Cornflour
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- ½ teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Blend all ingredients and seasoning in a food processor for 30 seconds, until all ingredients are mixed together. NB Do not make as a paste.
- Test Rice mix is dry enough to hold together for frying. If rice mix is moist add another tablespoon of cornflour. Then blend again for a few seconds.
- Make Rice Dumplings one inch thick. First, use a small amount of oil on the palm of the hand and rub hands together. Then take a golf ball size of rice mix and make the rice dumplings.
- Place rice dumplings in hot oil in a pan to deep fry on a medium heat for approximately 6 minutes or until golden brown and crispy on both sides.