- Oil to fry
- Rice (2 cups of cooked white rice)
- 1 cup of Vegetables consisting of: 1 small Potatoe (peeled and cut in small pieces); 1 small Carrot; 1 small Bell Pepper; and ½ cup Long Green Beans
- Ginger Paste 2 teaspoons
- 1 clove garlic (chopped finely)
- Cornflour 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Blend all ingredients and seasoning in a food processor for 30 seconds, until all ingredients are mixed together. NB Do not make as a paste.
- Test Rice mix is dry enough to hold together for frying. If rice mix is moist add another tablespoon of cornflour. Then blend again for a few seconds.
- Make Rice Dumplings one inch thick. First, use a small amount of oil on palm of hand and rub hands together. Then take a golf ball size of rice mix and make the rice dumplings.
- Place rice dumplings in hot oil in a pan to deep fry on a medium heat for approximately 6 minutes or until golden brown and crispy on both sides.