Fresh, juicy strawberries have never been more delicious than in this strawberry cobbler cake. This strawberry cobbler cake can be made with most fruits eg pineapple, blackberry, goji berry, raspberry, or gooseberry. Try this recipe with mangoes. My favourite is pineapple cobbler. Mix fruit with sugar. Then sprinkle fruit on top of batter.
Eat strawberry cobbler with ice cream or fresh cream.
- 1 – 2 cups of Fresh Strawberries
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 200ml Milk (just under one full cup of milk)
- ¼ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 60g Margarine (melt in a pan)
- Dice fresh strawberries into small bits.
- Put strawberries in a bowl. Add a generous amount of sugar, around ¼ to ½ cup. Mix together. Put a bowl of strawberries aside for later.
- In a separate bowl, add 1 cup of all-purpose flour, 2 tsp baking powder, ¼ tsp salt, and ¼ cup of sugar. Mix together until well combined.
- Then add 1 cup of milk, and a little vanilla extract. Mix together until everything is incorporated and a smooth texture.
- Pour in the melted margarine. Mix together with the batter.
- Grease a low-level heat-resistant dish so the baked cake does not stick to sides. Pour the batter into the dish.
- Sprinkle strawberries on top of batter with a spoon. Do not push down.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes until a golden brown, at oven temperature 375ºF or 190ºC.
- Test the inside of the cake is cooked using a knife. The knife should pull out clean.
- Serve hot with ice cream.