Fresh, juicy strawberries have never been more delicious than in this strawberry cobbler cake. This strawberry cobbler cake can be made with most fruits eg pineapple, blackberry, goji berry, raspberry, or gooseberry. Can try this recipe with mangoes. My favourite is pineapple cobbler. Mix fruit with sugar. Then sprinkle fruit on top of batter.
Can eat strawberry cobbler with ice cream or fresh cream.
- 1 – 2 cups of Fresh Strawberries
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 1 cup Plain Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 200ml Milk (just under one full cup of milk)
- ¼ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 60g Margarine (melt in a pan)
- Dice fresh strawberries into small bits.
- Put strawberries in a bowl. Add a generous amount of sugar, around ¼ to ½ cup. Mix together. Put the bowl of strawberries aside for later.
- In a separate bowl, add 1 cup of plain flour, 2 tsp baking powder, ¼ tsp salt, and a ¼ cup of sugar. Mix together until well combined.
- Then add 1 cup of milk, and a little vanilla extract. Mix together until everything is incorporated and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour in the melted margarine. Mix together into a smooth batter.
- Grease a low-level heat-resistant dish so the baked cake does not stick to sides. Pour the batter into the dish.
- Sprinkle strawberries on top of the batter with a spoon. Do not push down.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes until a golden brown, at oven temperature 190°C or 375ºF.
- Test the inside of the cake is cooked using a knife. The knife should pull out clean.
- Serve hot with ice cream.