This is a simple dish. Its similar to a spinach, cheese and egg quiche without the pastry. Very delicious. Can eat hot with chips or cold with a salad.
- Bunch of fresh Spinach Leaves
- 4 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1½ inch block of Cheddar Cheese
- 6 large Eggs
- 6 tablespoons Milk / Water
- 2 Garlic Cloves chopped finely
- 1 small Onion chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Parsley chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tomato (sliced thinly to decorate on top)
- Small Pyrex Dish or heat resistant
- Large Frying Pan
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Heat 3 teaspoons Olive Oil in a large frying pan. Spread the oil in the pan with a spatula. Add the spinach. Stir until spinach wilt or shrink.
- Spread 1 teaspoons of olive oil in a baking dish. Spread olive oil using a spatula to cover the base and sides.
- Spread the cooked spinach leaves in the baking dish to cover the base.
- Then evenly cover the spinach with grated cheese.
- Preheat oven to 375°F / 190°C.
- In a bowl, beat 6 large eggs and 6 tbsp milk with a fork or a whisk. Add chopped garlic, black pepper powder, salt, chopped fresh parsley, chopped onions then mix together with a fork.
- Pour the beaten egg mixture on top of the spinach and cheese. Then mix gently with a fork in a circular motion to evenly combine egg, cheese, and spinach.
- Thinly slice 1 tomato and decorate the top.
- Place dish in the oven to bake for 35 minutes or until egg mixture is set and light brown.
- The Spinach and Egg Bake is ready to eat. Serve while hot with chips or serve cold with a salad.