- Vegetable Oil x 4 tablespoons
- Green Cardamon x3 or black Cardamon x3
- Bay Leaves x 3
- Cinnamon Stick x 1
- Cumin Seeds 1 teaspoon
- Coriander Seeds 1 teaspoon
- Butter 2 tablespoons
- Large Onion chopped finely
- Ginger Paste 1 teaspoon or 1 inch Ginger finely chopped
- Garlic Paste or 2 Garlic cloves finely chopped
- Black Pepper 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam Masala Powder 1 teaspoon
- Mango Powder 1 teaspoon
- Red Chilli Powder ¼ teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder 1 teaspoon
- 2 Tins of Chopped Tomatoes
- Sugar 1/2 teaspoon
- Paneer Cheese chopped into square pieces
- (Optional: Add tin of butter beans).
- In a pan add vegetable oil and allow to heat until hot. Fry 3 cardamom, 3 bay leaves, 1 cinnamon stick, 1 tsp coriander seeds, 1 tsp cumin seeds for 1 minute on a medium heat.
- Add finely chopped onions, 1 tsp ginger paste, 1 tsp garlic paste and fry until onions are transparent for approximately 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add 2 tins of chopped tomatoes, 1 tsp garam masala, 1/4 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp Turmeric Powder, 1/2 tsp Salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper powder, and stir ingredients together. Cook for 15 – 20 minutes on a low heat, until the oil separates.
- Add 1/2 cup of water, 1/2 tsp sugar, 2 tbsp butter and stir.
- Add square pieces of paneer (optional: Add tin of butter beans). Cook for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Ready to Serve.