This mango chutney is very sweet and made with 2 teaspoons of curry powder. Can usually eat mango chutney with almost anything as a dipping sauce or a glaze on chicken.
- ½ cup Rice Vinegar
- 2 Mangos – Peeled, seeded and diced into cubes
- 2 Apples – Peeled, decored and diced into cubes
- 1 inch Fresh Ginger – grated finely
- 1 cup Onion – Cut fine
- 1 cup Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Grated Nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon Salt – to enhance sweet taste in chutney
- ¹/3 teaspoon Clove Powder
- 2 teaspoon Madras Curry Powder
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- In a large pan, add ½ cup vinegar, diced apples, diced mangos, diced onions, finely grated ginger and bring to boil, mixing occasionally. When boiled, reduce heat to medium to low flame. Stirring occasionally until the fruit is tender. May take around 20 minutes.
- Then add 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, grated nutmeg, salt, 2 teaspoon curry powder, clove powder and 1 cup Sugar. Mix together until ingredients are all combined. Occasionally stir for another 20 minutes on a low heat.
- Allow cooling and serve as a dipping sauce at the dinner table.