- 250g Spaghetti
- 450g Broccoli
Ingredients for cheese sauce
- Butter 1 tablespoon
- Flour 1 tablespoon
- Milk 1 cup
- grated mature cheddar Cheese ½ cup
- fresh Parsley
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Boil speghetti in a large pot of boiling water. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and allow to cook for 12 to 15 minutes, until spaghetti is soft.
- While speghetti is boiling, cut broccoli into small florets. Cut the stalk into smaller pieces. Add broccoli in with thespaghetti after 12 minutes of cooking time, when spaghetti is cooked, then cook broccoli florets for 1 – 2 minutes. This will infuse more taste into the speghetti.
- To make cheese sauce. Melt a knob of butter in a separate pan. Add a spoon of plain flour. Cook for 3 minutes. Add milk and heat until boiled. Add grated cheddar cheese, salt, black pepper and 1 tablespoon parsley leaves. Leave on a low heat and cook for another 2-3 minutes then turn off heat.
- When the spaghetti is cooked strain the water from the pot. Add the cheese sauce to the spaghetti and broccoli and mix well together. The cheese pasta should be ready to eat.